Facilities and Maintenance Manager - R&D
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is looking for an Facilities Manager to join our rapidly growing team. As the Facilities Manager, you’ll be responsible for supporting our world class R&D facility at our sprawling HQ campus based in Costa Mesa focusing on various internal operational functions. The job can range widely in duties and responsibilities like repair and maintenance of equipment, managing vendors, building furniture, supporting our R&D and production, owning the floor plan, and overall management of the entire facility. No two days will look alike and no task is too small as you hold the highest bar for execution. You will build a network of trusted and capable contractors and service providers to service all of these facilities.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Setup and implement a equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) system for our R&D building.
- Own equipment repairs for all R&D.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for crucial shop equipment.
- Collaborate with equipment owners on future equipment moves and planning which is inclusive of the space, ensuring the utilities are in place, and the workflow is efficient for all.
- Collaborate tightly with EH&S to ensure we are compliant.
- Responsible for resolving workplace activities for a 190,000 sf R&D facility.
- Navigate fire suppression, HVAC, plumbing, and other general utility repairs that support our spaces.
- Help to set the culture of the company by working with the senior leadership to create a can-do, customer focused working environment and present a professional image.
Here’s who you are
- You have 10+ years of related experience supporting aerospace, defense, automotive and other types of manufacturing facilities.
- You have technical training in plant engineering or maintenance, or comparable professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems. Certified Facility Manager credentials a plus.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in management of EHS in a facility.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced with operating and maintaining forklifts, aerial man lifts and overhead gantry cranes and hoists.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills.
- You’re both high ownership and low ego, approaching everything with strong outcome orientation and high humility.
- You’re an independent worker who can work with ambiguity and drive to outcomes with minimal oversight.
- You have a strong attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- You have a positive can-do attitude and bias towards action.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?