Software Engineer - Estimation and Tracking
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2020
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is developing software at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion. As a tracking team, we are bringing together data from drones, cameras, radars, and many other sources into a single combined operational picture which enables users and autonomy to complete their missions. We develop cutting edge software for autonomous operation and situational awareness by having sensors and systems that work together to improve over time.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Experience developing production grade software
- Proficiency in production-grade C++ software development
- Strong math skills, especially in linear algebra and probability
- Strong communication skill and the ability to take large problems and break them down into actionable parts
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- We are looking for engineers with foundations in one or more of the following areas and are interested in learning more:
- Experience processing sensor measurements from Radar, Optical Sensors, RF Sensors, or LIDAR
- Experience with sensor characterization and modeling
- Familiarity with classical and contemporary approaches for state estimation and tracking (e.g. Kalman Filter, Particle Filter)
- Derivation of performance metrics and analysis of system performance
- Experience with Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO)
- Camera and sensor calibration
- Familiarity with Ceres Optimizer or other optimizers
- Multi-target prediction and tracking (e.g., Multi-hypothesis tracking)
- Probabilistic inference and Bayesian likelihood estimation (e.g., Markov Chain Monte Carlo)
- Experience in unmanned aerial systems
- Experience in Docker, CircleCI, Linux
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?