Senior PCB Designer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 7, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work directly with engineers to produce printed circuit board designs supporting Anduril’s products
- Apply modern design standards and guidelines to create high-reliability, highly manufacturable assemblies
- Implement combinations of high-speed digital, precision analog, RF, and high-power designs
- Lead the team in establishing internal guidelines for design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA), and overall quality fabrication and assembly outputs
- Develop and refine team processes for PCB design, part creation, and library/database standards
- Coordinate external PCB design resources during design surges
- Work in a fast-paced environment, having to juggle multiple concurrent projects and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar and 7+ years of professional experience in PCB design
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and apply best practices appropriate for each design
- Ability to determine work priorities based on broad direction from management
- Expertise in applying relevant IPC standards, CID, CID+ certification.
- Expertise in PCB fabrication processes, limitations, design rules, and best practice
- Experience using Altium Designer CAD tools
- Experience with developing component libraries and library management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Experience with a variety of board types, including high density and high layer count (greater than 16) digital designs, power electronics, flex circuits, and RF circuits
- Experience with high speed digital interfaces and controlled impedance routing requirements like USB, PCIe, Ethernet, SERDES, and DDR memory
- Familiar with RF board design
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!