Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
- Demonstrated experience with many aspects of aircraft fabrication, assembly, and operation including structural fabrication, mechanical integration (flight control surfaces, propulsion, etc.), composites fabrication, and avionics build/integration/test.
- Experience with common air frame construction techniques such as rivets, mechanical fasteners, nut plates, etc.
- Proficient with common hand tools and light power tools
- Proficient with computer use (standard browser, word processing applications)
- Working knowledge of common electrical components
- Able to read a wiring diagrams and follow assembly instructions
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast paced, challenging work environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production.
- Perform validation and testing of various electronic components using equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and test racks
- Mechanically assemble complex electro-mechanical assemblies, high quality wire harnesses, test racks, junction boxes, and associated components involving hand soldering and component fabrication
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Prior hands on experience with kit, model, or experimental aircraft builds
- Experience loading firmware onto integrated digital systems
- Experience running functional checkouts and tests, and diagnosing issues discovered during these processes
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Math, Hard Science, Business, etc.)
- Holds an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license or has similar training
- Forklift certification
- Piece part fabrication experience including sheet metal (waterjet, press brake, etc.), and subtractive manufacturing (machining)
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anduril Industries
Something looks off?