Senior Firmware Engineer - Motor Control
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for Senior Firmware Engineers to join the team! You will develop firmware that spans across Anduril’s fleet of robots on land, air, and sea. The right person for this role has experience in both consumer electronics and defense technology development environments and is looking to leverage their passion for firmware and low-level development here at Anduril.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop firmware build, release, and update infrastructure
- Develop reusable device drivers and communications protocol libraries
- Develop motion control systems for applications such as precision actuators and electric propulsion
- Assist with part selection, board design, and product design efforts
- Create low-level infrastructure to support safety-critical systems
- Assist with creation of SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Bring up new boards and toolchains
- Support device manufacturing efforts and operational deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent experience
- Background in low-level firmware architecture, design and development in C
- Low-level device driver development and safety critical systems experience
- Comfortable with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Broad experience with microcontrollers, application processors, revision control systems
- Familiarity with common bus protocols such as USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, RS23, RS485, etc.
- Strong debugging skills through use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Application experience in areas such as robotics, automation, motor control, and sensor fusion
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!